Assembly – Understanding the HARD(ware) Side of IPC-A-610
The Accept/Reject Criteria for soldered joints right? That is what IPC-A-610 "Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies" is all about. Well, yes and no. There is a lot more that goes into an assembly than just soldered connections. This HARD(ware) from the board, screws, wire, handles, latched, heat sinks and formed components all have criteria that must be met by IPC-A-610 too. This webinar takes a look at these requirements and their impact on a final assembly.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste