Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
The majority of boards built today are coated with solder resist or solder mask as it is sometimes referred, but care should be taken to make sure that this process does not result in contamination. We will take a look at this concern along with issues you may want to consider if you want to take this a step further and apply conformal coatings to the final assembly.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste
- Training: Do You Really Need All This Certification Stuff?