Boards: Get the Bare Facts on Bare Boards
You are probably aware of IPC-A-610 "Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies" which covers the accept/reject criteria for stuffed printed circuit boards, but you may not be aware that there are other standards that help you deal with issues relative to bare printed boards covering design, fabrication and inspection. We take a look at IPC-A-600, IPC-6012 and other standards that can be crucial to support your efforts from start to finish in the fabrication process of the most critical component in your assembly.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste