Damage Prevention When Soldering Ceramic Chip Capacitors
Ceramic chip capacitors have been around for years and used in a variety of assemblies, but as their size has shrunk over time, their susceptibility to damage has continued to rise. Add to this, the transition to lead free soldering materials, which have imposed more rigidity and reduced flexibility on solder joints, resulting in additional stress issues on these small devices.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste