Forward and Backward Soldering Compatibility
Just when you thought you understood all this lead and lead-free production, components of all types, leaded and lead-free start showing up in a variety of assemblies. How do you live in a world with only lead-free components that may end up in a leaded process and on the flip side, leaded components that might wind up in a lead-free process? Learn the process fundamentals and metallurgical issues to help guide you through this messy mix.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste