Inspection: Part II - PCB Assembly Inspection - Getting It Right
Coming off of the recent discussion, you should be starting to realize that inspection is not so much applying the accept/reject criteria of IPC-A-610 "Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies", though it is key, but rather being able to alter your thought process to allow you to visually identify subtle deviations in the norm and then apply the criteria. So let's look at a practical way of sitting down and inspecting a printed circuit board by spotting differences and categorizing them.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste