Inspection: Quick Tips & Techniques for PCB Assembly Inspection
So you understand IPC-A-610 "Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies" and are ready to inspect, but where do you start as you stare at a printed circuit board assembly fresh from the line? It can be a daunting task, but if you know how to look, what to look for each pass and how to focus in on problem areas, you can increase your effectiveness and perform inspections in a timely manner. Learn some of the tricks and techniques on how to inspect assemblies and identify problematic production trends.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste