Tinning: Critical Care of Soldering Tips in a Lead Free Environment
Yes, we all know that you should be tinning your soldering iron tips between times of usage, but do you really understand the fundamentals of doing so, how it impacts heat transfer, time on a board pad and ultimately the quality of the solder joint and reliability of the component itself?
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste