Understanding What “The Lead is Discernible” Really Means
Yes, this simple term “discernible” is still debated to this day by many in the electronics manufacturing industry and a continually confusing concept for new students to grasp. Used throughout IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001, understanding this definition is critical to the application of the standards and their principles to the production process.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste
Have a question about training or IPC certification?
EPTAC has the knowledge and expertise to help you train your staff, understand your process, and increase production. We are committed to answering your questions promptly, and we look forward to hearing from you.