Understanding What “The Lead is Discernible” Really Means
Yes, this simple term “discernible” is still debated to this day by many in the electronics manufacturing industry and a continually confusing concept for new students to grasp. Used throughout IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001, understanding this definition is critical to the application of the standards and their principles to the production process.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste