Addressing the Issues Around Solder Joint Voids in Surface Mount Components
Yes, we are still discussing this issue. It seems to continue to appear. Someone, somewhere has found voids in their solder joints on BGAs, or other surface mounted components. What are you suppose to do?
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste