Dealing With the Order of Precedence When Using IPC Standards
We hear it all the time and you probably do as well. Are we building to J-STD-001 or IPC-A-610? Are we inspecting to IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001? Do these standards even play well together? How do I determine which standard is applicable to what I am doing? Are there other documents that I should be looking at as well, like IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-600, or for that matter IPC-6012? Confusing or confused?
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste
Have a question about training or IPC certification?
EPTAC has the knowledge and expertise to help you train your staff, understand your process, and increase production. We are committed to answering your questions promptly, and we look forward to hearing from you.