Dealing With the Order of Precedence When Using IPC Standards
We hear it all the time and you probably do as well. Are we building to J-STD-001 or IPC-A-610? Are we inspecting to IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001? Do these standards even play well together? How do I determine which standard is applicable to what I am doing? Are there other documents that I should be looking at as well, like IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-600, or for that matter IPC-6012? Confusing or confused?
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste