The Fundamentals of Solder Joint Design – Part 1 – Through Hole Technology (THT)
Have you ever wondered if you have created the perfect solder joint, or for that matter one that is strong enough for the particular application it is being used in? Sure we can pull test and stress the solder joint, but these things don’t fail that way. They fail by many years of fatigue, or more importantly, by stress fractures occurring over years of cycling in the environment.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste