The Fundamentals of Solder Joint Design – Part 2 – Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
Part 2 in this series, has everything to do with Surface Mount Technology, or more importantly surface mount components. In the previous discussion we explained that the majority of these solder joints fail by many years of fatigue, or more importantly, by stress fractures occurring over years of cycling in the environment. We continue with this series.
- Flux Classification – Part 1: Interpretation of J-STD-001 and J-STD-004 Regarding Fluxes
- Flux Classification - Part 2: Selecting the Right Flux for Your Application
- Q & A on Solder Resists and Conformal Coatings
- Defects: Lead Protrusion & Damaged Pins
- Key Tips & Techniques for Manually Reflowing of Solder Paste